2 days out from the longest run I have done…Well only by 500 metres or so, but still…
It seems that the lurgy may be behind me – touching my head as I say touch wood, the things you pick up as a youngster that stay with you.
I have put in the prep for the event, which I haven’t been able to always say, so it’s now rest, hydration and enjoy the morning on Sunday.
Doesn’t look so far when zoomed out
Sue was kind enough to grab my favourite beer, and they are in the fridge chilling for when I return, and sit down to watch the wallabies v Lions game that I hope I stay strong enough to miss on Saturday, but I doubt it… Oh, and she also made lasagna, which is another favourite and seldom had treat (lasagna not Sue cooking Sandy!). So I have definitely been supported on the home front!
Love this stuff!
I think my biggest risk on Sunday will be getting a little excited at the start, and going out to hard, so I may heed some advice to position myself back in the pack (of my time group) to hold me back for the first k or so.
The most important part of the run prep is now complete, with the
mixed tape playlist finalised, which I have listed below for both of my readers.
All things going well, I should listening to the start of The Mess Hall’s – Keep Walking at the halfway point, and as the Queens of the Stone Age – Go with the Flow finishes at 1 hour 55, I should be nearing the finish. Well that’s the plan. I have some buffer at the end of the list, in case one of my dunlop volleys has a blow out.
It was tough to pick the songs, but in the main they were songs that make me feel good, old and new, new that sounds old, and most have an up tempo. Australian bands are represented, as well as a couple of Brisbane tunes. The first song on the list has become a tradition for me, and is always the first tune I hear when I head off on a timed run event.
- Pnau – Embrace
- Lorde – Royals
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- St. Lucia – September
- Bertie Blackman – Thump
- Silversun Pickups – Lazy Eye
- Birds of Tokyo – Plans
- The Black Keys – Lonely Boy
- The Horrors – Still Life
- Zoot Woman – Grey day
- Van She – Sex City
- Santogold – L.E.S. Artistes
- Two Door Cinema Club – I Can Talk
- The Mess Hall – Keep Walking
- Kasabian – Fire
- The Subways – Rock & Roll Queen
- Children Collide – Jellylegs
- Pixies – Gouge Away
- Queens Of The Stone Age – Little Sister
- Children Collide – Sword to a Gunfight
- The Naked And Famous – Young Blood
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Zero
- Ladytron – Destroy Everything You Touch
- The Bravery – An Honest Mistake
- Placebo – The Bitter End
- Rhuarb – Exerciser
- Spiderbait – Monty
- Phoenix – Lisztomania
- Birds of Tokyo – Broken Bones
- regurgitator – everyday formula
- Queens of the Stone Age – Go with the Flow
- Underground Lovers – Your Eyes
- The Presets – Steamworks
- New Order – Brutal
- Hoodoo Gurus – Leilani
- Tears for Fears – Mad World
- The Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter
- MS MR – Hurricane
- New Order – Blue Monday
- Queens of the Stone Age – The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret
- Deep Sea Arcade – Girls
So the song of the day needs to come from the listing above I guess, and whilst I hope I don’t hear it during the run on Sunday, it is certainly a favourite at the moment! MS MR – Hurricane